1. Resolve an old quarrel. Make amends. If the world should end this weekend, it’s evidence that life is short. The brief time spent on earth should not be wasted harboring anger, upset, or resentment over something that can not be changed. If you felt wronged by someone you were close with, and it is a forgivable experience that you haven’t quite had the opportunity to express your forgiveness, now is the time to let it be known that you have moved past that.
2. Tell the ones you love how much you love them. We know we’re loved, but it’s important to hear it. It’s like music to one’s ears hearing those simple three words. The power in those words will survive the end of time.
3. Confirm and renew your relationship with your God. No matter what you believe or who you believe in, don’t fall asleep in your bed and wake-up in hell. Turn around! Live out your last testifying that you are one with your God. You will rest peacefully knowing that you have left this earth in the best committed relationship you could have been part of in this world. Even if you believe you are God, getting right with yourself will allow you to feel peace.
4. Spend time with the most important people in your life doing something special. Maybe you don’t have time or money to fly to Paris by Saturday. Find a special place nearby and spend time with those you love the most. Cook dinner, watch a movie, sing songs, dance, ride your motorcycle with your grandma on the backseat. Do whatever makes you feel happy and free. If we all had the opportunity to know when we are going to leave this earth, I’m sure we would do a lot of things we continuously put off doing.
5. Confess. True confession is good for the soul. Confess something you have held in for years. Now is the opportunity to release all the weight that had you feeling suppressed for so long. Maybe the sun will rise on May 22, 2011. Don’t feel regret for confessing. See it as starting fresh with a clean slate. A new life begins when you remove the old pains that have taken over your happiness for so many years.
6. Enjoy life! Even criminals on death row get their last meal; why can’t you? Don’t die on a diet. Eat that brownie with ice cream and hot fudge poured over it. You’ve lived too long following rules and being everything everyone expects you to be. Live your last moments actually living and not caring about what anyone says or thinks about you. Color outside of the lines, talk loud in a quiet place, walk across the grass, dance reggae to hip hop music. Be silly, be goofy; simply be happy!
The truth is the world never ends, sadly, our lives do. It’s already been established that no one can predict the end of time. I’m fearless regarding Saturday’s finale of our earth. People die every second. My time could be over before Saturday. This is why it’s essential to live everyday like it’s your last day.